Hot Spiced Cider
- 2 tsp whole allspice
- 4 2 inch cinnamon sticks
- 24 whole cloves
- 1 gallon cider
- 1 and 1/3 cups brown sugar, packed
- grated nutmeg
This cider if comforting on a cold winter day.
- Tie allspice, cinnamon , and cloves in a cheese cloth bag.
- Heat cider with brown sugar, add spice bag and simmer over low hear for 10 minutes or until cider is spicy enough to suite your taste.
- Remove Spice bag.
- About 20 minutes before serving, reheat the cider.
- Serve hot in mugs with a dash of nutmeg.