Indian Lamb Kebabs
|2 lbs boneless leg of lamb, fat removed and cut into 1 inch cubes|
|2 cups plain yogurt|
|3 tbs unsalted butter|
|1 medium yellow onion, chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, finely minced|
|2 tsp cumin|
|1/2 tsp red pepper flakes|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 tsp ginger, minced|
|1 tsp turmeric|
|1/2 tsp ground coriander|
|1/4 tsp cloves|
|juice of 2 limes|
These kebabs are marinated in yogurt, ginger, garlic, onions, cumin, red pepper flakes, cloves and coriander.
- Combine lamb cubes and yogurt, mix well and marinate overnight.
- In a saute pan heat butter, add onion, garlic, cumin, red peppers, salt, pepper, ginger, turmeric, coriander and cloves and saute
- for 5 minutes over moderate heat. Cool slightly.
- Remove lamb from yogurt, wiping off most but not all of the excess yogurt.
- Pour spice mixture over lamb, mix well, marinate for 4 hours.
- Thread lamb of pre soaked skewers and cook over hot charcoal turning once, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle kebabs with lime juice.
- Serve with rice.