Japanese Chicken Yakitori
- 12 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sake
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 chicken breasts, cut up into 1 inch cubed pieces
- 1/2 pound chicken livers, cut in half
This a traditional Japanese charcoal grilled chicken dish served on skewers and basted with a savory sweet sauce of soy, sake and sugar.
- Combine the soy sauce, sake and sugar.
- Thread the chicken and pieces livers on to wooden skewers.(soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Brush meat with sauce.
- Grill over hot charcoal about 5 minutes, turning and basting frequently.( make sure charcoal is very hot in order to achieve a crispy outside and a tender inside.)
- Brush with sauce before serving.