Marinated Feta Cheese and Capers
- 1 lb of feta cheese, 1 inch cubes
- 1 tsp mixed peppercorns
- 8 coriander seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbs drained capers
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- Extra virgin olive oil to cover
- Hot toast and chopped ripe tomatoes to serve
This Feta marinated in olive oil, garlic, peppercorns, coriander seeds, bay leaf, thyme and capers.
- Cut the feta cheese into 1 inch cubes.
- Thickly slice the garlic.
- Put the mixed peppercorns and coriander seeds in a mortar and crush lightly.
- Pack feta cubes in a large preserving jar with the bay leaf creating layers of cheese, garlic, crushed peppercorns, coriander, capers and fresh thyme.
- Pour in enough olive oil to cover the cubes of cheese.
- Close tightly and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for two weeks.
- After two weeks lift out the feta cubes and serve on hot toast with some chopped tomatoes, and a little flavored oil from the jar drizzled over.