Marinated Feta Cheese and Capers
|1 lb of feta cheese, 1 inch cubes|
|1 tsp mixed peppercorns|
|8 coriander seeds|
|1 bay leaf|
|2 tbs drained capers|
|Fresh thyme sprigs|
|Extra virgin olive oil to cover|
|Hot toast and chopped ripe tomatoes to serve|
This Feta marinated in olive oil, garlic, peppercorns, coriander seeds, bay leaf, thyme and capers.
- Cut the feta cheese into 1 inch cubes.
- Thickly slice the garlic.
- Put the mixed peppercorns and coriander seeds in a mortar and crush lightly.
- Pack feta cubes in a large preserving jar with the bay leaf creating layers of cheese, garlic, crushed peppercorns, coriander, capers and fresh thyme.
- Pour in enough olive oil to cover the cubes of cheese.
- Close tightly and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for two weeks.
- After two weeks lift out the feta cubes and serve on hot toast with some chopped tomatoes, and a little flavored oil from the jar drizzled over.