Middle Eastern Meat Pastry Tapas
|1 medium onion, chopped finely|
|2 tbs butter|
|1 lb lean ground beef or lamb|
|Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp cinnamon|
|1 tsp dried basil|
|1 tbs tomato paste|
|1/4 cup pine nuts|
|5 tbs plain yogurt|
|2 packages of biscuit dough (10 in each pack)|
This recipe is perfect for a party. These tapas have a wonderful middle eastern flavor. They are very easy to make mainly because canned biscuit dough is used. Makes about 40 mini pastries.
- In a large saute pan cook the onion in butter using medium heat.
- Add the ground beef or lamb and brown. Once meat is brown drain fat from pan.
- Add the salt, pepper, cinnamon, basil, tomato paste and pine nuts and enough yogurt to bind mixture. set aside.
- Remove the biscuits from the paper can and cut in half and place on baking sheets.
- Spread each half slightly to form a circle.
- Place the biscuit pieces so they are touching each on the baking sheet.
- Place 1 tsp of the meat mixture on each biscuit round spreading almost to the edge.
- Bake in a pre-heated 400 degree oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until they are slightly brown..
- These pastries may be frozen for later use.
- Serve warm.