- 4 and 1/2 lb of mussels
- l lb of little neck clams
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 bunch of spring onions, chopped
- 6 Kaffir lime leaves, chopped (You can find these at Asian markets)
- 2 tsp Thai green curry paste
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 lemon grass stalks, chopped (white parts only)
These mussels and clams are flavored with lemon grass, white wine, scallions, coconut cream and Thai green curry paste.
- Scrub the mussels and discard any that will not close when tapped.
- Put the white wine, onions, lemon grass, curry paste in a large pan with a tight fitting lid, and bring to a boil.
- Add the mussels and clams to the pan, cover with a tight fitting lid and steam the shellfish for about 5 or 6 minutes or until the shells open.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the mussels and clams to a serving bowl.
- Strain the cooking liquid through and fine mesh strainer into a clean pan.
- Set over low heat and simmer to reduce the the quantity to about 1 cup.
- Stir in coconut cream and cilantro, season with salt and pepper, and pour the sauce over the shellfish.
- Serve immediately.