Peppered Chicken Liver Pate
|1 onion chopped|
|4 tbs unsalted butter|
|1 lb chicken livers, trimmed|
|1 garlic clove minced|
|1/2 tsp dried marjoram|
|1 tsp lemon juice|
|1 tsp brandy of sherry|
|Kosher or sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 tsp of green peppercorns in brine, drained|
This is great for spreading crackers or on some crusty bread.
- Melt the butter in a saute pan. Add the onions and saute until clear.
- Add the chicken livers, garlic and marjoram, cook over medium for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and brandy or sherry. Let cool slightly.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chop the green peppercorns and stir into the pate. Spoon into a serving dish, cover and chill for at least 2 hours until firm.
- Serve with brown bread or a variety of crackers.