- 1 onion chopped
- 4 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 lb chicken livers, trimmed
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp brandy of sherry
- Kosher or sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp of green peppercorns in brine, drained
This is great for spreading crackers or on some crusty bread.
- Melt the butter in a saute pan. Add the onions and saute until clear.
- Add the chicken livers, garlic and marjoram, cook over medium for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and brandy or sherry. Let cool slightly.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chop the green peppercorns and stir into the pate. Spoon into a serving dish, cover and chill for at least 2 hours until firm.
- Serve with brown bread or a variety of crackers.