- 2 lbs of boneless lamb, fat removed and cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tbs olive oil2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 cups parsley, chopped finely, leaves and stems
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 2 cups of canned drained chick peas
This is a wonderful middle eastern preparation with contrasting flavors of lamb, lemon, parsley and garlic.
- In a heavy pot or dutch oven heat olive oil over high heat.
- Add the lamb cubes and brown quickly on all sides.
- Add garlic, onion, parsley, lemon juice and tomato paste, mix well.
- Add chicken stock.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn heat to low and simmer, covered for about 2 hours or until lamb is very tender.
- If too much liquid evaporates during cooking, you may add a little more stock or water.
- Add chick peas and cook 10 minutes longer.
- Add more lemon juice to taste.
- Serve atop couscous.