Pork Tenderloin Cutlet Sandwiches
|1 small pork tenderloin|
|2 eggs, beaten|
|1/2 cup flour|
|1 cup cracker meal|
|canola oil for deep frying|
|1 small red onion, sliced|
|1 small tomato, sliced|
|1 small head butter lettuce|
|Pickles ( Sweet hamburger slices)|
|4 sesame seed hamburger buns|
|Kosher or sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This a wonderful sandwich open to all types of interpretations.
- Cut pork into 2 inch thick medallions
- With a meat mallet or heavy pan pound out the pork into 1/2 inch slices.
- Assemble 3 bowls. One for the flour, one for the eggs and one for the cracker meal.
- Dip each pork cutlet into the flour, removing excess, then into the egg wash, letting excess drain, add them into the cracker meal, making sure the cutlets are completely covered.
- Place prepared cutlets in a air tight container and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- Heat enough oil for deep frying to 360 degrees.
- Deep fry 2 cutlets at a time until they are golden brown.
- Assemble sandwiches with sliced onion, sliced tomato, lettuce and pickles.