Pork Tenderloin Cutlet Sandwiches
- 1 small pork tenderloin
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup cracker meal
- canola oil for deep frying
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1 small head butter lettuce
- Pickles ( Sweet hamburger slices)
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns
- Kosher or sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This a wonderful sandwich open to all types of interpretations.
- Cut pork into 2 inch thick medallions
- With a meat mallet or heavy pan pound out the pork into 1/2 inch slices.
- Assemble 3 bowls. One for the flour, one for the eggs and one for the cracker meal.
- Dip each pork cutlet into the flour, removing excess, then into the egg wash, letting excess drain, add them into the cracker meal, making sure the cutlets are completely covered.
- Place prepared cutlets in a air tight container and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- Heat enough oil for deep frying to 360 degrees.
- Deep fry 2 cutlets at a time until they are golden brown.
- Assemble sandwiches with sliced onion, sliced tomato, lettuce and pickles.