- 1 can 28 oz's of Cento Italian style peeled tomatoes.
- 2 tbs of chopped herbs (parsley, basil, thyme)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
This a quick delicious tomato sauce that is great on pasta, meat loaf or any preparation where you want some rich tomato flavor. You can put this sauce together in less than 20 minutes. Why use that stuff in a jar? Note that we always recommend Cento brand Italian style simply because we think they are the best.
- Place all ingredients in a large sauce pan, breaking up tomatoes with a wooden spoon.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and then simmer, uncovered until the mixture has reduced and thickened.
- Adjust seasoning. Then serve.
Note: This sauce freezes well. You may divide into small containers for use as you need it.