- 1 pound red potatoes, unpeeled and sliced into rounds
- 1/2 cups sliced red onion (cut in half and sliced thinly)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced sweet green pepper
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup diced dill pickle
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 2 oz jar diced pimiento drained
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbs spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Potato salad has long been a summer tradition in the south. I happen to like it all year around. For many years we have struggled to come up with a combination of ingredients that had the right about of flavor crunch and creaminess. Finally we came up with a winner. We think you will agree.
- Wash potatoes and cut into 1/4 inch rounds (skin on)
- Place potatoes in sauce pan in cold water and bring to a boil. Once boiling cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and let cool.
- In a mixing bowl combine the yogurt and mayonnaise, mustard and mix well.
- Add potatoes and remaining ingredients to dressing and toss gently.
- Cover and chill.