- 2 lbs of collard greens cleaned, shredded, discarding any thick stems.
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Toasted pine nuts for garnish
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
Many of us are used to cooking collard greens for a very long time. Here is a technique that we’re sure you will enjoy. Butter and lemon juice heighten the fresh flavor of the greens.
- Coarsely shred the greens and discard any thick stems.
- Heat the oil and butter in a wok or large saute pan.
- Add the garlic and greens and stir- fry over high heat, stirring constantly until tender. About 15 minutes.
- Add seasoning.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with pine nuts if desired.