- 4 red bell peppers
- 2 large cloves of garlic cut into thin slivers
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 4 large sea scallops
- 3 tbs pesto sauce (recipe to follow)
- Kosher or sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salad and basil leaves to garnish
Serve these scallop and pesto filled roasted red peppers with a crisp white wine and Italian bread to sop up the garlicky juices.
- Pre- heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cut the peppers in half length ways and remove ribs and seeds.
- Divide the slivers of garlic equally among them and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spoon olive oil over the peppers and roast for about 30 minutes.
- Cut each of the scallops in half horizontally to make two flat discs.
- When cooked, remove the peppers from the oven and place a scallop half in each pepper half, then top the scallops with pesto sauce (recipe to follow)
- Return the roasting pan to the oven and roast for 10 minutes more.
- Transfer the peppers to individual serving plates, sprinkle them with Parmesan cheese and garnish each plate with a few salad leaves and basil sprigs.
- Serve warm
- 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2 medium cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- In a small food processor add all ingredients except the olive oil.
- With the food processor running slowly pour the olive oil through the feed tube. The sauce should be a thick paste.
- Season with salt and pepper.