Sausage with Lobster Shrimp and Scallops
- 1 lb of fresh scallops
- 1/2 lb medium shrimp, shelled, deveined
- 1/2 lb of Italian sausage, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups of fish or chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- kosher and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tbs chopped parsley
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk of celery, sliced on a bias
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 2 bay leaf
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Celery tops reserved for garnish
This is a great twist for seafood. Fresh scallops, shrimp, lobster meat along with a flaky white fish make this a wonderful stew.
- Add the fish stock or chicken stock to a large sauce pan.
- Add the onion, celery and bay leaf, garlic powder and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the sausage and let cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and whisk in well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the seafood and simmer for another 5 minutes or until seafood is done. Take care not to over cook.
- Serve in bowls, garnished with celery leaves.
- You may also serve over rice.