Sausage with Lobster Shrimp and Scallops
|1 lb of fresh scallops|
|1/2 lb medium shrimp, shelled, deveined|
|1/2 lb of Italian sausage, cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|2 cups of fish or chicken stock|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|kosher and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 tbs chopped parsley|
|1/2 onion, chopped|
|1 stalk of celery, sliced on a bias|
|1 tbs garlic powder|
|2 bay leaf|
|Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|Juice of 2 lemons|
|Celery tops reserved for garnish|
This is a great twist for seafood. Fresh scallops, shrimp, lobster meat along with a flaky white fish make this a wonderful stew.
- Add the fish stock or chicken stock to a large sauce pan.
- Add the onion, celery and bay leaf, garlic powder and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the sausage and let cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and whisk in well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the seafood and simmer for another 5 minutes or until seafood is done. Take care not to over cook.
- Serve in bowls, garnished with celery leaves.
- You may also serve over rice.