- 2 lbs of king or snow crab legs, thawed
- 2 cans of creamed coconut milk
This is one of the best dishes that we have ever had. In the South Pacific there is a species of crab know as the coconut crab.This crab has such strong claws that it can actually crack a coconut and feast on the coconut meat. Because of it’s diet the coconut crab as a rich wonderful taste of crab and coconut. Obviously coconut crabs are not easy to come by in the states. So we have developed this very easy way to replicate the flavor of these crabs.
- Score the crab legs with a knife so that they can be easily removed from their shells.
- In a large sauce pan, bring the coconut milk to almost a boil and turn of heat immediately
- Add the crab legs to the coconut milk and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.