- 1 lb of dried Spaghetti or pasta of your choice
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 lb of pancetta or smoked bacon, chopped
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbs parsley
- 2 tbs whipping cream
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This classic Italian recipe marries the flavors of pancetta, garlic, eggs and Parmesan cheese, and is absolutely delicious.
- Heat the olive in a pan and add the onions and saute until soft..About 3 minutes
- Add the garlic and chopped pancetta and bacon and saute with medium heat until almost crispy.
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water until “Al dente” almost tender but firm to the bite.
- Drain the spaghetti and return to the pan with the pancetta/bacon and onions.
- Mix well using medium heat for about 1 minute.
- in a bowl, beat the eggs with the Parmesan, cream, chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove form the heat and add the egg mixture to the spaghetti, mixing well.
- The warm pasta will lightly cook the egg mixture.
- Place in a dish and serve immediately.