|1 lb of dried Spaghetti or pasta of your choice|
|1 onion, diced|
|1/2 lb of pancetta or smoked bacon, chopped|
|3 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|3 eggs, beaten|
|2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated|
|2 tbs parsley|
|2 tbs whipping cream|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This classic Italian recipe marries the flavors of pancetta, garlic, eggs and Parmesan cheese, and is absolutely delicious.
- Heat the olive in a pan and add the onions and saute until soft..About 3 minutes
- Add the garlic and chopped pancetta and bacon and saute with medium heat until almost crispy.
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of salted boiling water until “Al dente” almost tender but firm to the bite.
- Drain the spaghetti and return to the pan with the pancetta/bacon and onions.
- Mix well using medium heat for about 1 minute.
- in a bowl, beat the eggs with the Parmesan, cream, chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove form the heat and add the egg mixture to the spaghetti, mixing well.
- The warm pasta will lightly cook the egg mixture.
- Place in a dish and serve immediately.