This is a cold soup that is traditionally served in the summer, but this soup is delicious anytime of the year.
- 2 cups of tomato Juice
- 1 cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 scallions diced.(white and green parts)
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- Few dashes of Tabasco sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Chopped peeled cucumber(garnish)
- Chopped green pepper(garnish)
- Chopped scallions(garnish)
- In a blender place the tomato juice, cucumber, parsley, green pepper, scallions, garlic, oregano, lemon juice, vinegar and Tabasco. Blend until smooth. Reserve some of the cucumber, green pepper and scallion for garnish.
- Place the soup in a serving bowl and stir in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Before serving taste for seasoning, as the cold will mute flavors.
- Re season then serve.