Spicy Potato Wedges with Chili Dip
- 4 baking potatoes
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tsp ground allspice
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbs paprika
- kosher or sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 small onions finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 12 oz can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 fresh Serrano chilies seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs cilantro chopped
- Extra cilantro for garnish
These potato wedges with crispy spicy crusts are a delicious tapa that can be served as a part of a buffet or as a casual appetizer.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Cut the potatoes in half, then into eight wedges.
- Add the wedges to a large pan of cold water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain well on paper towels
- Mix the olive oil, garlic, allspice, coriander and paprika in a bowl. Add the potatoes and coat evenly.
- Place potatoes on a roasting pan and roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until the wedges are brown, crisped and fully cooked. turn the wedges occasionally during the roasting time.
- To make the chili dip, heat the oil in a small pan, add the onion and garlic, and cook for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the chopped tomatoes with any juice.
- Add the chili and vinegar and simmer for about 10 minutes until the mixture has reduced and thickened.
- Taste for seasoning and stir in the chopped cilantro.
- Place the potatoes wedges on a plate, garnish with the extra cilantro and serve with the chili dip.