Spicy Potato Wedges with Chili Dip
|4 baking potatoes|
|4 tbs olive oil|
|4 garlic cloves crushed|
|2 tsp ground allspice|
|2 tsp ground coriander|
|2 tbs paprika|
|kosher or sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|2 small onions finely chopped|
|2 garlic cloves chopped|
|12 oz can of chopped tomatoes|
|2 fresh Serrano chilies seeded and finely chopped|
|2 tbs balsamic vinegar|
|2 tbs cilantro chopped|
|Extra cilantro for garnish|
These potato wedges with crispy spicy crusts are a delicious tapa that can be served as a part of a buffet or as a casual appetizer.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Cut the potatoes in half, then into eight wedges.
- Add the wedges to a large pan of cold water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain well on paper towels
- Mix the olive oil, garlic, allspice, coriander and paprika in a bowl. Add the potatoes and coat evenly.
- Place potatoes on a roasting pan and roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until the wedges are brown, crisped and fully cooked. turn the wedges occasionally during the roasting time.
- To make the chili dip, heat the oil in a small pan, add the onion and garlic, and cook for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the chopped tomatoes with any juice.
- Add the chili and vinegar and simmer for about 10 minutes until the mixture has reduced and thickened.
- Taste for seasoning and stir in the chopped cilantro.
- Place the potatoes wedges on a plate, garnish with the extra cilantro and serve with the chili dip.