Spicy Chinese Chicken with Carrots Sugar Snap Peas and Water Chestnuts
- 2 lbs boneless chicken cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch strips
- 1/2 lb of sugar snap peas
- 1 small can of water chestnuts, drained
- 3 tbs soy sauce
- 3 tbs dry sherry
- 3 tbs Chinese plum sauce
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbs canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, minced
- 1 hot Serrano pepper with seeds chopped
- 1/4 tsp crushed dried pepper flakes
This chicken has a lot of spicy Asian flavors. If you like spice this one is for you. The contrasting ingredients and spices create a flavor explosion.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes and dry thoroughly. Cut off any fat.
- In a bowl combine soy sauce, sherry, plum sauce, vinegar, sugar and mix well.
- In a wok or large saute pan heat oil over high heat. Just when oil is very hot add the garlic, ginger, hot peppers and stir few for a few seconds.
- Add the chicken cubes and brown on all sides.
- Add the carrots, snap peas and water chestnuts and stir.
- Add the soy sauce mixture, cover and cook over low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Serve with jasmine rice.