Spicy Chinese Chicken with Carrots Sugar Snap Peas and Water Chestnuts
|2 lbs boneless chicken cut into 1 inch cubes|
|2 carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch strips|
|1/2 lb of sugar snap peas|
|1 small can of water chestnuts, drained|
|3 tbs soy sauce|
|3 tbs dry sherry|
|3 tbs Chinese plum sauce|
|1 tbs red wine vinegar|
|1 tsp sugar|
|3 tbs canola oil|
|2 cloves garlic, finely minced|
|1 tbs fresh ginger, minced|
|1 hot Serrano pepper with seeds chopped|
|1/4 tsp crushed dried pepper flakes|
This chicken has a lot of spicy Asian flavors. If you like spice this one is for you. The contrasting ingredients and spices create a flavor explosion.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes and dry thoroughly. Cut off any fat.
- In a bowl combine soy sauce, sherry, plum sauce, vinegar, sugar and mix well.
- In a wok or large saute pan heat oil over high heat. Just when oil is very hot add the garlic, ginger, hot peppers and stir few for a few seconds.
- Add the chicken cubes and brown on all sides.
- Add the carrots, snap peas and water chestnuts and stir.
- Add the soy sauce mixture, cover and cook over low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Serve with jasmine rice.