Spicy Chinese Pork Slices
|3 tbs of miso paste|
|1 and 1/2 lb boneless pork tenderloin|
|2 tbs soy sauce|
|1 tbs dry sherry|
|2 cloves garlic, finely minced|
|1 tbs fresh ginger finely minced|
|1 piece of star anise|
|3 tbs sugar|
|2 cups of hot water|
This pork is succulent and deliciously flavored with miso, soy sauce, ginger and dry sherry.
- Rub the miso paste all over the port and let stand for 3 hours (refrigerated).
- In a medium sauce pan combine soy sauce, sherry, garlic, ginger, star anise, sugar and hot water.
- Bring to a boil and add the pork then simmer, uncovered, over low heat for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Turn pork frequently.
- Remove the pork from the pot and allow to cool slightly. Continue to simmer the sauce until it is reduced by about half and quite thick.
- Cut the pork in small, thin slices. Place slices back into the sauce and heat through.
- Let cool.
- Remove the pork slices from the sauce and serve at room temperature.