Spicy Middle Eastern Hummus
- 2 16 oz cans of chick peas, drained
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- 2/3 cup of tahini (available at middle eastern markets or in the international section of your grocery store)
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
This is a wonderful recipe that comes form Lucy Druy of Wildwood Missouri. It is a spicy version of middle eastern hummus. We tested her recipe and made the addition of tahini. This recipe can be prepared in about 10 minutes.
- Put chick peas in a food processor with the lemon juice and process until smooth.
- Add the tahini paste and all other ingredients and process until smooth.
- Can be served as a dip with warm pita bread.