Spicy Singapore Noodles with Curry
|1/2 lb Chinese egg noodles or rice stick noodles|
|1 onion, peeled and quartered, leaves separated|
|1 inch piece of fresh ginger, minced|
|1 hot Serrano chili pepper with seeds, minced|
|2 carrots peeled and cut into thin strips|
|1/2 lb of napa cabbage, broken into large pieces|
|1 small can of water chestnuts,sliced.|
|1/4 cup canola or peanut oil|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|4 scallions chopped|
|2 tsp curry powder (for a recipe for authentic curry powder use our search engine)|
|2 tbs soy sauce|
|2 tsp hoisin sauce|
This noodle dish delivers authentic Chinese flavors with a flavor spike using spicy curry powder. This is the real thing. Why go to the Chinese carry out..Here’s a hint if you get your Chinese food from at a restaurant or carry out that also serves American food, you are not getting the real thing!
- Assemble all of you ingredients in advance as the cooking goes very quickly.
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water following the package instructions.
- Chop the onion, peel and dice the ginger and mince the chili.
- Thinly slice the carrots and shred the greens.
- Drain the noodles and toss in 1 tsp oil.
- Heat a wok or large saute pan over high heat.
- Add the garlic, onion, ginger and chili and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the water chestnuts, and stir.
- Add the vegetables and sprinkle with the curry powder.
- Stir fry until the vegetables are somewhat softened but still crispy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the noodles with soy sauce and hoisin sauce and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
Note: You may use other vegetables of you choice..Baby corn, broccoli, green beans or radish.