Spicy Sweet Potato Burritos with Black Beans and Corn
|2 sweet potatoes (about 1 and 1/2 lb's)|
|3/4 tsp ground cumin|
|1/2 tsp ground coriander|
|1/2 tsp garlic powder|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
|2 tb lime juice (1 lime)|
|1 (15 oz) can of black beans|
|1 cup corn kernels|
|6 wheat tortillas|
This is a great recipe for burrito night..Your vegetarian and calorie conscious guests will very happy.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork and bake for 40 to 60 minutes.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and let cool.
- Reduce the oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Scoop the insides out of the potatoes into a bowl and mash with the spices and lime juice.
- Stir in the beans, corn and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture in the tortillas along with any optional fillings you desire.
- Roll up and bake for 10 minutes, until heated through.