Spicy Sweet Potato Burritos with Black Beans and Corn
- 2 sweet potatoes (about 1 and 1/2 lb's)
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tb lime juice (1 lime)
- 1 (15 oz) can of black beans
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 6 wheat tortillas
This is a great recipe for burrito night..Your vegetarian and calorie conscious guests will very happy.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork and bake for 40 to 60 minutes.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and let cool.
- Reduce the oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Scoop the insides out of the potatoes into a bowl and mash with the spices and lime juice.
- Stir in the beans, corn and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture in the tortillas along with any optional fillings you desire.
- Roll up and bake for 10 minutes, until heated through.