Spicy Three Bean Salad with Roasted Red and Yellow Peppers
|1 red bell pepper|
|1 yellow bell pepper|
|1 red onion|
|16 oz can black-eye peas|
|1 cup canned red kidney beans|
|16 oz can chick peas|
|1/2 cup chopped cilantro|
|kosher salt and cracked black pepper|
|1 tsp Thai curry paste|
|1/2 tsp honey|
|2 cloves of garlic minced|
|1 and 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar|
|7 tbs of extra virgin olive oil|
Beans are healthy and flavorful and can compliment many flavor profiles. This recipe truly delivers and can be prepared in less than 30 minutes.
- Halve the peppers legnthwise remove ribs and seeds.
- Place them under a hot broiler until the skins are black and blistered.
- Place the peppers in a resealable plastic bag for 10 minutes. Now the blistered skin will pull right off.
- Once the pepper skins have been removed, cut the flech into small strips.
- Drain and rinse the beans under cold running water.(always drain and rinse canned beans under running water before eating)
- Place the beans in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing, put the honey, garlic and curry paste in a small bowl and mix together with a fork making sure the garlic is well crushed.
- Gradually whisk in the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the peppers and cilantro to the beans and pour the dressing over.
- Gently mix well and leave at room temperature for several hours before serving to let the flavors get acquainted with each other.