Spinach and Watercress Salad with Bacon
|4 oz of thick sliced bacon|
|4 oz of young spinach leaves|
|1 bunch of watercress|
|2 and 1/2 tbs olive oil|
|1 and 1/2 tsp hazelnut oil (optional)|
|2 tsp white wine vinegar|
|1 and 1/2 tsp whole grain mustard|
|Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
Super simple, healthy peppery, savory and simply delicious!
- Cook bacon until crisp drain and break into pieces.
- Remove any coarse stems from the spinach and shred any large leaves.
- Trim the watercress and divide into sprigs.
- Place in salad bowl with the spinach and bacon.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the oils, vinegar, mustard and seasoning.
- Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and toss lightly.