Spinach and Watercress Salad with Bacon
- 4 oz of thick sliced bacon
- 4 oz of young spinach leaves
- 1 bunch of watercress
- 2 and 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1 and 1/2 tsp hazelnut oil (optional)
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp whole grain mustard
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Super simple, healthy peppery, savory and simply delicious!
- Cook bacon until crisp drain and break into pieces.
- Remove any coarse stems from the spinach and shred any large leaves.
- Trim the watercress and divide into sprigs.
- Place in salad bowl with the spinach and bacon.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the oils, vinegar, mustard and seasoning.
- Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and toss lightly.