Creamy Shrimp Cocktail with Sherry
|1/2 cup good quality mayonnaise|
|1/2 cup of whipping cream|
|4 tsp of tomato paste (we like Cento)|
|4 tsp of lemon juice|
|Several dashes of Worcestershire sauce|
|Several dashes of sherry wine|
|Kosher or sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
|1 lb of large peeled and cooked shrimp|
|Butter lettuce leaves shredded|
|Lemon slices for garnish|
|Martini glasses for serving|
Here is a wonderfully delicious twist on shrimp cocktail. The big difference is the super creamy cocktail sauce. This recipe can be made in about 10 minutes start to finish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, cream, tomato paste, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce and sherry.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp and stir gently to coat.
- Place the shredded butter lettuce in four glasses and top art fully with the shrimp mixture.
- Garnish each shrimp cocktail with lemon slices.