Sweet Potato Apple Casserole with Honey
- 1 and 1/4 lb sweet potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb apples, peeled and cored
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 tbs cornstarch
- 3 tbs water
- 1/2 cup honey
Sweet potatoes and apples were made for each other. Here is a quick and easy recipe that you can prepare in about 45 minutes start to finish.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a pan with a tight fitting lid. Add the un-pealed sweet potatoes and steam until tender. 15 or 20 minutes. Check halfway through cooking to make sure you have enough water in the pot.
- Peel the sweet potatoes slice the length wise, 1/2 inch thick, and layer them in a casserole dish.
- Peel and core apples, slicing them 1/2 inch thick.
- Lay the apple slices on top of the sweet potatoes.
- Heat apple juice to the boiling point. Combine the corn starch with 3 tbs of water and mix well.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the juice, cooking until the sauce is clear and thickened.
- Add the honey to the sauce and mix well.
- Spoon the sauce over the sweet potatoes and apples.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until apples are tender.