|2/3 cup Bulgar wheat|
|1/2 cup hot water|
|1 medium onion grated|
|2 large bunches of curly parsley, chopped (about 4 cups)|
|2 ripe tomatoes chopped|
|1 tbs fresh mint, chopped|
|1/3 cup lemon juice|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 head of butter lettuce, separated into leaves|
This salad is a staple in the Middle East. It is super healthy a very easy to prepare.
- In a large bowl mix Bulgar with hot water; let stand for 1 hour.
- Grate the onion on a box grater, add the the Bulgar
- Chop the parsley, tomatoes and mint and add the the Bulgar
- Add the olive oil and lemon juice and mix well
- Season with salt and pepper
- Chill, then reason if necessary
- Serve atop lettuce leaves.