- 2/3 cup Bulgar wheat
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 medium onion grated
- 2 large bunches of curly parsley, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 2 ripe tomatoes chopped
- 1 tbs fresh mint, chopped
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 head of butter lettuce, separated into leaves
This salad is a staple in the Middle East. It is super healthy a very easy to prepare.
- In a large bowl mix Bulgar with hot water; let stand for 1 hour.
- Grate the onion on a box grater, add the the Bulgar
- Chop the parsley, tomatoes and mint and add the the Bulgar
- Add the olive oil and lemon juice and mix well
- Season with salt and pepper
- Chill, then reason if necessary
- Serve atop lettuce leaves.