- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme and 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary (tied together with butchers twine)
- 3 onions quartered, peel and all
- 3 carrots cut into 3 inch pieces
- l large turnip, quartered
- 5 stalks of celery, leaves and all
- Misc. vegetable peelings (cabbage leaves, tomato skins etc)
- 8 whole peppercorns
- 8 cups of water
This vegetable stock takes about an hour and a half to prepare and can be used in any dish that you wish to add deep vegetable flavor or to keep vegetarian.
- Add all ingredients to a large stock pot add water and bring almost to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer.
- Simmer for 1 and 1/2 hours, skimming occasionally.
- Strain stock and bring to room temperature.
- Stock may be frozen for later use.