Watercress Pear Goat Cheese and Walnut Salad
- 4 large bunches of watercress washed dried and trimmed.
- 5 ripe firm pears
- 3 lemons
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tbs of honey
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 and 1/2 cups of walnut halves broken into pieces
- 1/2 lb goat cheese, crumbled
This is a delicious quick and easy salad. The peppery watercress plays beautifully with the creaminess of the goat cheese and the crunch of the walnuts.
- Peel quarter and core the pears. Cut each quarter into 3 length wise slices and place in a bowl with the juice of 1 lemon. Toss to keep pears from turning brown.
- In a small bowl squeeze 3 tbs of lemon juice, and the salt, honey, olive oil, and pepper and whisk to combine
- Arrange the watercress on individual plates and top with pear slices, goat cheese and crumbled walnuts.
- Drizzle the dressing over salad.