Whole Wheat Cinnamon Oatmeal Pecan Cookies
|3 1/4 cups oatmeal|
|1 stick unsalted butter, softened|
|1/2 cup vegetable shortening|
|1/2 cup chopped pecans|
|1 cup sugar|
|1 cup dark brown sugar|
|1 tsp pure vanilla extract|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|1-2 tsp cinnamon|
|1 tsp baking soda|
|1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour|
You can make these cookies soft or crispy. If you prefer crispy increase the baking time. For soft decrease the baking time.You may also freeze the dough to use whenever you desire.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and beat until it ‘balls up”
- Divide the dough into five pieces and roll into logs, about 1 and 1/4 inches in diameter.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze until ready to bake.
- If you want to bake right away chill the dough for a few hours.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the chilled dough into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick rounds.
- Place on a silicone or parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 22 to 30 minutes, depending on how crispy you want the cookies.