Whole Wheat Buttermilk Quick Bread
|2 cups whole wheat flour|
|1 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|1 tsp baking soda|
|1 and 1/2 cups buttermilk|
|1 large egg|
|3 tbs honey|
|2 tbs butter melted|
|3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional)|
|3 tbs uncooked regular oats (optional)|
Here’s a super quick delicious bread recipe that you can make in about a hour from start to finish.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl,
- Combine buttermilk and next 3 ingredients; add to dry ingredients, stir until blended.
- Stir in pecans, if desired
- Pour batter into a well greased 9×5 loaf plan.
- Sprinkle with oats, if desired.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour until a wooden pic inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes then remove from pan and cool completely.