Whole Wheat Buttermilk Quick Bread
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbs honey
- 2 tbs butter melted
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
- 3 tbs uncooked regular oats (optional)
Here’s a super quick delicious bread recipe that you can make in about a hour from start to finish.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl,
- Combine buttermilk and next 3 ingredients; add to dry ingredients, stir until blended.
- Stir in pecans, if desired
- Pour batter into a well greased 9×5 loaf plan.
- Sprinkle with oats, if desired.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour until a wooden pic inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes then remove from pan and cool completely.