Zesty Crab & Shrimp Cakes with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
|1/2 lb raw medium shrimp, shelled and deveined|
|1 egg white|
|2/3 cup heavy cream|
|3 tbs red hot sauce|
|1 tbs of Worcestershire sauce|
|1/4 tsp old bay seasoning|
|1 lb crab meat|
|1 red or yellow bell pepper minced|
|2 scallions minced|
|1/4 cup of parsley|
|1 and 1/2 cup of fresh bread crumbs|
|1/2 cup of canola oil|
|For the Red Pepper Sauce:|
|1 7 0z jar of roasted red peppers draine|
|1/4 cup of mayonnaise|
|3 tbs red hot pepper sauce|
|2 tbs minced onion|
|1 tbs Dijon or whole grain mustard|
|1 tbs minced parsley|
|1 clove of garlic, minced|
This crab cake preparation uses pureed shrimp as a binder, and gives these crab cakes a wonderful flavor. This recipe can be made in about 45 minutes start to finish. You may substitute tartar sauce if desired.
- Place shrimp, egg white, cream, hot sauce, Worcestershire and old bay seasoning in a food processor.
- Process until the mixture is pureed and smooth. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the crab meat, bell pepper, onions, and parsley. Mix gently until well combined.
- Shape crab meat mixture into 12 1/2 inch thick patties. Coat the patties with bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a large non stick skillet. add the crab cakes. Cook until browned on each side.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve with red pepper sauce.
Red Pepper Sauce:
- Place all ingredients in food processor and process until smooth.
- Makes 1 cup of sauce.