Asian Roasted Chicken with Brown Sauce
- 1 5 to 6 lb roasting chicken
- 2 tbs peanut oil
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6 cloves of garlic, left whole
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 4 tbs miso
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 2 tsp sugar
This recipe will make you kitchen fragrant with garlic for a week,but it’s worth it.
- Wash chicken thoroughly inside out and dry well with paper towels.
- In a sauce pan heat the peanut oil over high heat.
- Add minced garlic and ginger and stir fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add miso, soy sauce, sherry, and sugar.
- Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes. Cool
- Place chicken in a roasting pan and rub some of the cooled sauce all over the outside.
- Let stand for 2 hours.
- Place garlic cloves inside of chicken.
- Roast in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 2 hours, basting frequently with the sauce and drippings in the pan.
- If the chicken starts to brown too much during the second hour of roasting, cover it with a tent of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Let stand for 10minutes before carving.