|2 pounds of boneless sirloin steak, fat removed|
|3/4 cup soy sauce|
|3/4 cup sake|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|1 garlic clove, minced|
This is Japanese version of grilled steak.
- Cut the steak across the grain in very thin slices.
- In a covered bowl combine the soy sauce, sake, sugar and garlic, and mix well.
- Add the beef slices and marinate for 2 hours.
- Remove beef slices from marinade and thread on wooden skewers that have been soaked in water for 30 minutes.
- Cook over hot charcoal for 1 to 2 minutes.
- You may also simmer the marinade for 5 to 10 minutes and serve as a sauce.