Black Eye Pea Salad Appetizer
- 3 cans of blackeyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large ripe tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped into small pieces
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 scallions chopped into small rings, red and green parts
- 1 small bunch of parsley, chopped, leaves only
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice from 2 lemons
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
This is one of our favorite salads. Super simple and super healthy. Recipe can be increased proportionaly, depending on how many you are going to serve.
- Using a wire mesh strainer drain and rinse the peas and place them in a large bowl.
- Chop all of the vegetables and place them in the bowl with the peas.
- Add the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Gently mix the salad well.