Buttery Spice Cookies
|3 sticks of unsalted butter|
|1 cup sugar|
|3 egg yolks|
|2 tsp pure vanilla extract|
|1/4 tsp ground cloves|
|14 tsp ground mace|
|1/2 pinch saffron crumbled into 2 tsp of warm water|
|3 cups flour|
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy
- Add the egg yolks one at a time and mix well.
- Add the vanilla, cloves, mace, and saffron
- Mix the saffron with warm water and add to the dough.
- Gradually beat in the flour and mix until smooth.
- Roll the dough into balls about the size of a quarter in diameter and place on a un greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 9 to 12 minutes, until the cookies are puffed and golden brown around the edges.