- 2 dozen oysters with liquor
- 7 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tbs shallots, minced
- 3 tbs Cajun spice or old bah seasoning
- 4 tbs dry sherry
- 2 cups heavy cream
- oyster crackers for serving
- Fresh parsley for garnish
This a New Orleans favorite stew that brings out the Briny flavor of the oysters.
- In a large sauce pan melt half of the butter using medium heat.
- Add the shallots and saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the oysters and liquor and spice let cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the sherry and cook for another 1 minute.
- Add the cream and bring the mixture to almost a boil and remove from heat immediately.
- Add the rest of the butter and serve.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and oyster crackers.
- Note: The key to this recipe is not to cook the oysters to long..They cook very quickly.