This is an easy to make condiment that can be served in many ways. It exudes the flavors of Provence. Makes 1 cup.
- 1 1/2 cups calamata olives
- 1 tbs capers, drained and chopped
- 1 tbs chives, minced
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Plunge olives into boiling water; boil for 1 minute and drain. Cool
- Remove pits by smashing olives with the flat side of a heavy knife. Chop.
- Combine with remaining ingredients.
- Chill several hours to marry flavors.
- Serve at room temperature.