- 7 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms
- 2 green peppers, seeded cut into 2 inch pieces
- 3 lb frying chicken, cut up into pieces
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
This is a classic Italian home style dish, bursting with flavor.
- In a large frying pan or dutch oven heat 3 tbs olive oil.
- Add the onions, garlic ,green peppers and mushrooms and saute over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan add 4 tsp of olive oil and increase heat.
- Add the chicken pieces and brown on all sides.. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomato paste and saute for about 2 minutes
- Add wine, oregano, basil and thyme, season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over low heat until the chicken is tender. About 30 minutes.
- Remove cover, turn up heat to medium and reduce liquid.
- Add the mushrooms and green peppers mix well and serve.