|7 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1/2 lb fresh mushrooms|
|2 green peppers, seeded cut into 2 inch pieces|
|3 lb frying chicken, cut up into pieces|
|Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 onion, minced|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 6 oz can tomato paste|
|1/2 cup dry white wine|
|1 tsp oregano|
|1 tsp dried basil|
|1 tsp dried thyme|
This is a classic Italian home style dish, bursting with flavor.
- In a large frying pan or dutch oven heat 3 tbs olive oil.
- Add the onions, garlic ,green peppers and mushrooms and saute over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan add 4 tsp of olive oil and increase heat.
- Add the chicken pieces and brown on all sides.. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomato paste and saute for about 2 minutes
- Add wine, oregano, basil and thyme, season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over low heat until the chicken is tender. About 30 minutes.
- Remove cover, turn up heat to medium and reduce liquid.
- Add the mushrooms and green peppers mix well and serve.