Chicken Persillade (Parsley and Garlic)
|1 pre cooked rotisserie chicken
|1 stick of unsalted butter
|2 shallots, minced
|3 cloves garlic, minced
|1 small head of butter lettuce or salad greens of your choice
|Small bunch Italian parsley, chopped, leaves only
|Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Persillade in French is a mixture of parsley and garlic. This recipe is inspired by chef Jacques Pepin. It’s a quick preparation with the minimum of muss and fuss. It starts with the use of a supermarket rotisserie chicken.
- Cut up chicken, into equal portions, removing meat from bones. If desired you can leave skin on..
- Reserve the chicken carcass for making stock. If you don’t want to make stock right away, you may cut up the carcass and place it into plastic freezer bags and freeze for later use.
- In a saute pan, using medium heat, melt butter and add shallots and garlic.
- Saute gently until shallots and garlic become soft.
- Add chopped parsley and mix.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- On a platter or on 4 separate serving plates place several lettuce cups and, divide chicken evenly breast, legs, thighs an wings. placing chicken atop lettuce.
- Pour parsley sauce over chicken and serve.