Chinese Grilled Pork Kebabs
- 2 lbs of boneless pork tenderloin cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tbs peanut oil
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 3 tbs dry sherry
- 1 tbs miso
- 1 and 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 piece star anise
This dish combines traditional Chinese flavors and a savory brown sauce.
- In a saute pan heat the oil over medium high heat.
- Add the ginger and garlic and stir fry for about a minute.
- Add soy sauce, sherry, miso, sugar and star anise and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer gently for 10 minutes, Remove from heat and cool.
- Pour sauce over pork cubes and mix well. Let stand for 2 to 3 hours.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Thread cubes on skewers and cook over hot charcoal, turning once. About 5 minutes on each side.