- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and cut into strips
- 2 small carrots, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp fresh ginger,minced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp's white vinegar
- 1 tbs dry sherry
- 2 tsp sesame oil
This is salad that uses easily available vegetables such as you might use in coleslaw, but with a Chinese dressing.
- Thoroughly mix the shredded cabbage, cucumber, carrots, green and red pepper with the salt and let stand for 1 hour.
- In a bowl mix together ginger,sugar,soy sauce, vinegar,sherry, and sesame oil. Mix well.
- Place vegetables in a large strainer or colander and wash thoroughly with cold running water. Drain well. Place vegetables in a salad spinner to remove all water.
- Place in refrigerator and chill well.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and mix well.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.