|2 cups shredded cabbage|
|1 medium cucumber, peeled and cut into strips|
|2 small carrots, cut into strips|
|1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips|
|1 sweet red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 tsp fresh ginger,minced|
|1 tsp sugar|
|1 tbs sesame seeds|
|1 tsp soy sauce|
|2 tsp's white vinegar|
|1 tbs dry sherry|
|2 tsp sesame oil|
This is a salad that uses easily available vegetables such as you might use in coleslaw, but with a Chinese dressing.
- Thoroughly mix the shredded cabbage, cucumber, carrots, green and red pepper with the salt and let stand for 1 hour.
- In a bowl mix together ginger, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, sherry, and sesame oil. Mix well.
- Place vegetables in a large strainer or colander and wash thoroughly with cold running water. Drain well. Place vegetables in a salad spinner to remove all water.
- Place in refrigerator and chill well.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and mix well.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.