Chocolate Raisin Pie with Walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup dark raisins
- 2 oz's semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, pre-baked
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped, with 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar
This is a wonderful combination of chocolate and raisins with the delightful crunch of walnuts. Makes one 9 inch pie.
- In a heavy saucepan combine the butter, sugar, eggs, lemon juice, lemon rind and raisins.
- Cook over low heat,stirring constantly, until butter is melted and all ingredients are well blended.
- Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted and blended in.
- Stir in vanilla extract and walnuts.
- Cool chocolate mixture slightly, then pour into a pie shell.
- Chill thoroughly. Top with whipped cream just before serving