Krispy Creme Cinnamon Donut Balls
|6 tbs unsalted butter, softened|
|1/4 cup plus 2 tbs sugar|
|Grated peel of 1/2 lemon|
|Pinch of salt|
|2 and 2/3 cups of all purpose flour|
|1 tsp baking powder|
|Oil for deep frying|
|Additional 1/2 cup sugar|
|2 tsp ground cinnamon|
This is a guaranteed fix for your hungry sweet tooth.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and 1/4 cup plus 2 tbs sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add lemon peel and salt.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time
- Sift flour with baking powder; fold into mixture with a spoon to make a dough.
- Heat oil, enough for deep frying in a deep fryer or a deep sauce pan to 360 degrees.
- Using 2 floured teaspoons, form the dough into small balls.
- Add balls to hot oil. Do not crowd the pot.
- Fry for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden, turning halfway through cooking with a slotted spoon.
- Lift out cooked balls with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels
- Mix 1/2 cup of sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle over the balls while still hot.