Cinnamon French Toast
|1 cup milk|
|2 tsp pure vanilla extract|
|2 tsp sugar|
|1/4 tsp salt|
|3 tbs ground cinnamon|
|4 tbs unsalted butter, divided|
|8 slices of cinnamon swirl bread|
This is a breakfast classic that is sure to please you taste buds.
- In a shallow bowl mix together the eggs, milk, vanilla , sugar, salt and half of the cinnamon.
- Heat a large non stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add 2 tbs of butter and coat the pan.
- Dip the slices of bread in the egg mixture,coating both sides, and then place them in the pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon over the bread.
- Cook until nicely browned on both sides.About 2 minutes per side Take care in turning the bread as it can be delicate.
- Add more butter as needed until all slices are cooked.
- Serve with maple syrup.