Cinnamon French Toast
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbs ground cinnamon
- 4 tbs unsalted butter, divided
- 8 slices of cinnamon swirl bread
This is a breakfast classic that is sure to please you taste buds.
- In a shallow bowl mix together the eggs, milk, vanilla , sugar, salt and half of the cinnamon.
- Heat a large non stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add 2 tbs of butter and coat the pan.
- Dip the slices of bread in the egg mixture,coating both sides, and then place them in the pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon over the bread.
- Cook until nicely browned on both sides.About 2 minutes per side Take care in turning the bread as it can be delicate.
- Add more butter as needed until all slices are cooked.
- Serve with maple syrup.