Cinnamon Topped Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 stick of unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbs cinnamon
- 1 tbs white sugar
This is a great recipe for breakfast on the go.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the oats and buttermilk in a bowl and let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter,brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Add the oat mixture and stir to blend.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda and mix well.
- Spoon the batter into a well greased muffin pan, filling about 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle each muffin generously with cinnamon mixed with the white sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool about 5 minutes, then carefully remove the muffins.