- 1 and 1/2 lbs of squid, cleaned and cut into 1/4 inch thick rings
- 1 lb white fish fillets skin off and cut into thin strips (cod or snapper work well)
- 1 lb raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 cup seasoned flour
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to tase
- canola oil for frying
- parsley sprigs and lemon slices for garnish
This Italian classic frying technique that will give you crispy delicious bites of seafood.
- Slice the body of the squid into 1/4 inch rings and the tentacles into 1//2 inch pieces.
- Slice the fish fillets into long thing strips.
- Peel and devein the shrimp
- Season the flour with salt and pepper, and toss in the fish, coating well.
- Remove excess flour from the fish.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees.
- Add the fish pieces a few at a time and fry until crisp and golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and keep each batch warm while frying the remainder.
- Place on a serving platter and garnish with parsley and lemon slices.