Corn and Lobster Soup with Jack Daniels
|1 lb cooked lobster meat, cut into 2 inch cubes|
|(you can substitute King or snow crab)|
|2 tbs Jack Daniels whiskey|
|2 strips of bacon, chopped|
|2 leeks, white part only, split and cleaned cut into rounds|
|1 shallot, minced|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 lb frozen corn|
|1/2 cup dry white wine|
|1 quart of heavy cream|
|Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|Chives for garnish.|
Jack Daniels, Lobster, Corn, heavy cream, white wine, leeks…I think you can see where this one is going.
- Marinate the lobster or crab in the whiskey for an hour.
- In a medium size sauce pan, saute the bacon, garlic and leeks in a little oil over medium heat until they soften a little.
- Add the corn and saute gently about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and bring the soup up to a medium simmer. Cook 20 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat and puree in a blender or food processor until very smooth.
- Return to heat and bring to a boil and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the lobster or crab in the bottom of 6 soup bowls..
- Pour the soup over the lobster /crab meat and sprinkle with chives and serve immediately.