Corn and Lobster Soup with Jack Daniels
- 1 lb cooked lobster meat, cut into 2 inch cubes
- (you can substitute King or snow crab)
- 2 tbs Jack Daniels whiskey
- 2 strips of bacon, chopped
- 2 leeks, white part only, split and cleaned cut into rounds
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Canola oil
- 1 lb frozen corn
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 quart of heavy cream
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Chives for garnish.
Jack Daniels, Lobster, Corn, heavy cream, white wine, leeks…I think you can see where this one is going.
- Marinate the lobster or crab in the whiskey for an hour.
- In a medium size sauce pan, saute the bacon, garlic and leeks in a little oil over medium heat until they soften a little.
- Add the corn and saute gently about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and bring the soup up to a medium simmer. Cook 20 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat and puree in a blender or food processor until very smooth.
- Return to heat and bring to a boil and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the lobster or crab in the bottom of 6 soup bowls..
- Pour the soup over the lobster /crab meat and sprinkle with chives and serve immediately.