|4 cups of chicken stock (use search engine for recipe or use canned)|
|1 cup polenta (coarse corn meal)|
|pinch kosher salt|
|1/4 cup heavy cream|
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
This technique for Italian classic polenta uses cream which gives it an incredible richness.
- In a large sauce pan bring the chicken stock to a boil.
- Reduce heat slightly and in a thin stream add the corn meal making sure to stir constantly.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture thickens. About 15 to 20 minutes.
- After 15 minutes stir in the butter and cream.
- You may serve as is or you may refrigerate the polenta in a shallow pan for several hours until solid and cut into circles and grill over charcoal.